Thursday, August 21, 2008

New Feature

Hey check it out! I'm going to start a new thing on my blog. A weekly poll. Be sure to vote each week!
Blinkie Maker
Make your own Blinkie


And..don't forget to get your copy of The Edge magazine. It's a local, Basin magazine and it has fabulous writers (who me? Yeah...ME!). It's a fun lil' magazine. Check it out and download a sample copy today. Click here:
The Edge Online

If you've missed my fun articles about life in Neola you can check them out here

Wordpress Blog

But I'll post just one excerpt here:

"I’ve also been accused of speaking a whole different language when I begin talking about the activities in a rural town. My vocabulary particularly baffles one of my friends in Florida. For example, one evening I was describing a fist fight that happened in my yard between two women during our weekly water turn. My Florida friend had no clue what I was talking about."

You'll have to access my writing blog for the rest of the story!

7 comments:

ronnieandjess said...

Hey I knew it was you. I will try to vote on your poll once a week if I can find the time now that school is starting and soccer.

ronnieandjess said...

Oh by the way good job at the fair it made me think about when I was young and use to do that. I love those smiles that the kids get when they feel all the hard work has paid off. It is great.

Unknown said...

OK... I've read your articles and I always think they're awesome! Go Utah Girl.
I'd vote on your poll but I don't have an answer for you... My vote is... I absolutely have NO opinion. I've never tried them... I don't mind them either, I think some of them are cute. I just haven't ever been compelled to buy a pair and try them out. They do look like they might make your feet sweaty tho, maybe that's why! I'm interested to see how it turns out. :)

The Rook Family said...

Just mark #3 then, Doni. Ya gotta vote!

Unknown said...

But I don't agree with number 3 either! I really wouldn't say that I tolerate them! I just can't cast a vote I don't believe in! lol :) I'm standing firm to I have NO opinion on the matter!
Ask me another question... I have plenty of opinions on that ;)... "Know what I mean? Nudge. Nudge."

Michelle said...

HEY YOU WOMAN!!! JENN, YOU ARE MY ROCKSTAR!!!! Thanks so much for featuring our magazine on your blog! I am the luckiest editor on the planet to have you as one of my writers! I am telling you that Rolling Stone, Vanity Fair, Vogue, and even Cosmo got NOTHING on us babe! (well except for maybe a few million and some great sex advice!) ;)!!! But hey...I am working on the millions thing and one day I will get us there! I mean how many of those editors and writers get to have a staff meeting at youth football practice! Uh huh...that is what I thought!!! Seriously though, I couldn't even imagine doing this entire undertaking without you! Thanks! (Yes, I use way to many exclamation points! Talk to me in person sometime though and you will find out that I type EXACTLY the way I speak...in a hypermanic frenzy!)

Mary said...

Jen! I am so excited to find your little corner of the internet! You have a beautiful family.