Sunday, June 1, 2008

SO BUSY

The month of May is so crazy-busy! We had baseball, end of the year field trips, class parties, my magazine writing deadlines, website work, commercial production, tumbling reviews, preparing for Girl's Camp...and so much more! June won't be any less busy either.

Kai was in Head Start this year and went on quite a few fieldtrips and had alot of parties. Of course, I was the President of his class and in charge of all of it. Those Head Start folks sure can keep a girl busy!

Here is Kai at the Mini Beardance. At The Beardance the boys line up facing the east and the girls line up facing the west and they just shuffle-step forward 3 and backward 3. That's it. That's the whole dance. Not real difficult (or very fun, for that matter). The Beardance is always held in the Spring to signify new life (I think it's actually some sort of Ute mating ritual though. EEEK!) The announcer was making fun of white people, too. I thought it was kinda funny, but I guess some folks didn't see the humor and complained. Oopsey. The guy did laugh and say, "Just joking..." quite often.

I guess it's culture though. It was cold and windy that day, too, but all the boys got a cool Indian guy hat.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The kids also had their tumbling review. I was the announcer again this year and tried to sound my best despite a yucky sinus infection that nearly killed my voice. I must've sounded alright though, alot of people told me I did a good job. Although they may have just been being nice.

Kai was SO cute doing his routine and so happy with his "medal".
Photobucket

Ally did a great job. She is SO close to getting her backhandspring.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Emma, Ali, and Ally
Photobucket

Karter had to sing in the children's choir at Stake Conference this month, too and Ally lost her tooth while she was eating crackers during the services. She was quite excited to get some more money from the tooth fairy to add to her money stash.

Photobucket

No comments: