Saturday, October 4, 2008

Go Cougars!

Last night was the big rivalry football game between my high school, Uintah, and the high school my kids will go to, Union. My kids and Kyle and Weston were all decked out in Union Cougar stuff.

Cougar Fans

Photobucket

The game was over in Vernal, on Uintah's turf, so When we got there I told the boys to stick close to me in case anyone wanted to start a fight with them in all their Cougar gear. Karter said to me, 'Umm...you couldn't have told us this BEFORE you painted our faces???" LOL

Photobucket

As it was, the boys had a great time, watched the game and cheered for the Cougars. It was a great game, but the Utes ended up winning 28-24.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ally and Carsen Kelly...just having fun!
Photobucket

Weston and Kyle...photo by Karter.
Photobucket

It really sucked to be sitting on the Union side, especially since they lost but, yeah, I sang the Uintah High school song. "A valiant band of warriors brave from Uintah High are we......." but I did cringe when they did that stupid tomahawk cheer.

Hey! Hey You!
There's nothing you can do
Cuz the mighty Utes are gonna
tomahawka you!

I HATE that cheer.

Kenyon had fun too. He danced when the drill team music came on and he just had a great time.
Photobucket

No comments: