Sunday, November 2, 2008

I love Halloween!

Scary Werewolf!
My one masterpiece this year. Ally's costume was great. She looked so real and people didn't recognize her at all. I glued all that hair on her face and hands with theater costume sticky stuff called Spirit Gum. Then I used some really good costume makeup. It was so easy to work with and blended beautifully. So much better than that nasty grease paint stuff you get in those store bought kits.

The werewolf costume fun to do, but she cringed a bit when it came time to scrub all that spirit gum off. LOL You can click on these to make them bigger.


Kai was a Dracula-era vampire but he wouldn't let me put blood on his mouth or make his lips any more red. He was a cute lil' Dracula.


Kenyon was the dog again. This could also be a great baby Sasquatch costume.


Karter and a few of his buddies dressed up as nerds. They were one big ol' Nerd Herd. Here he is with Kyler and Ky's big brother, Kaden. Great nerd costume, Kaden!


Tedders was the cutest lil' polar bear EVER!
Photobucket

I got in a bad wreck that morning. Had a little bit of glass in my face. But, I didn't have time to go to the hospital so I just had to walk around all day like this.
Photobucket

I was decorating for the school carnival all day though. We brought back the good ol' Neola Elementary Halloween carnival and it was a HUGE success. It was packed and I think we made quite a bit of money(I hope we did anyway!). I was in charge of decorating so I enlisted the help of my magazine editor and friend, Michelle Spencer and she and I made a spooky forest and graveyard in the entry way and put up spiders, ghosts, and other fun stuff inside the school. It was a FUN night. And our decor ROCKED! Thanks, Michelle! Couldn't have done it without you.

Here are a few of our creations. (don't bother clicking on these, I uploaded them from Photobucket so they won't come up any bigger)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We bucked those bales, cut those corn stalks, draped that webbing, carved those jack-o-lanterns and pretty much just worked our butts off to make the school look great.
Photobucket

1 comment:

ronnieandjess said...

Awesome, it was fun huh. The warewolf is my favorite. You are so creative.