Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Can I just freeze time?

Ever have one of those days when you just enjoy your children so much you want to freeze time? I had a day like that yesterday. I took Karter and his buddy Weston Horrocks with me up Uintah Canyon to visit my brother. It was hot, so I let them wade in Power Plant Canal (now that is some COLD water!). They were just so cute together and had such a great time. It was one of those 'pure childhood' moments where you can just see kids having fun and enjoying playing together and you just want the innocence and the memory to last forever. Here is their adventure in pictures....

Let's go wading!
Photobucket

"It would be funny if I pushed Karter in..."
Photobucket

"Be careful, Dude"
Photobucket

"Oh my gosh it's COOOOOLD!!"
Photobucket

"Hey look! A matchbox car! Let's get it."
Photobucket

"I can't reach it, Dude!"
Photobucket

"That's ok! Let me get it with my monkey toes."
Photobucket

"Sweet! Weston got it with his toes!"
Photobucket

"Look, man! I see a quarter down there! Let's get that too."
Photobucket

Karter tries....
Photobucket

Weston tries....
Photobucket

"Dude you were so close!"
Photobucket

One more try....(meanwhile body parts are going numb in that cold water)
Photobucket

"YES!" Success!
Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Jaime said...

Childhood was the best!

Cherise Oleson said...

How fun! That water looks so clean and clear too - not like the water here in Missouri . . . I miss the cold, mountain water . . .

Unknown said...

Weston says... VICTORY WAS HIS!!!! MWAHAHAHA!!!

Wouldn't you give anything to be a kid again! I had being sponsible!!!