Sunday, July 6, 2008

Yehaw! Kid's Rodeo!

It's what we do for entertainment round here! We let a bunch of animals loose in a rodeo arena and let our kids chase, ride, & rope em'!

3 Rook kids...ready to rodeo! This was also the last time I got them to cooperate with the camera that night.
Photobucket

Grand entry and flag ceremony
Photobucket

Photobucket

Ready to chase some animals! Set em' up, boys!
Photobucket

Line em' up, moms!
Photobucket

Kai and Adi can't wait!
Photobucket

Turn em' loose!!
Photobucket
I have no idea what kid is what but I do know that is Sam Taylor's butt. He had that rope and said he was going to rope me if I picked up an animal for my kid. No way, Sam! If they don't pick em' up, we don't bring em' home but you can rope me if you want to anyway. (That would've been funny, huh? Should've done it, Sam.)



There's a flash of Kai! Behind the big bald guy....
Photobucket

Bunny goin' one way, Kai goin' the other. That's the way it went too. He didn't catch anything. None of my kids did. Skunked this year.
Photobucket

But I had a couple of sheep riders! Ally and Kai both rode sheep. My camera quit working before his ride, but he had a death grip on that wooly bugger and I think he was choking his sheep so it didn't run at all. He held on for quite a ways. Ally got dumped in 2 seconds, but she had fun. Kai thought it was the coolest thing ever and would've ridden sheep all night long if we'd let him. He was alot of fun at the kid's rodeo this year.
Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

dhblack said...

Love seeing my kids on your blog!! You have pictures I was unable to get. Thanks for posting them. KImmy is the one who found your site!