Thursday, July 31, 2008

This little piggy went to market....

The Duchesne County Fair is next week and we've nearly got these hogs ready. They're looking great and we're hoping to do fairly well. I can't believe how much they've grown in just 2 months. Here's a comparison pic:

Sometime around the 1st of June...just little piggies. We were worried they might not make weight.
Photobucket
Photobucket

And here they are today...my guess is they weigh about 280/290 lbs. Perfect!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Look! I gave that pink pig a bath in buttermilk and it's glowing! lol (not really buttermilk) I do believe we'll call that pig Wilbur.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

Jaime said...

WOW, busy people, I bet you're glad to get Ally back. We need to get our kids together before summer is out!!!!

Unknown said...

I don't know how you do it! I guess I'm the lazy mom!! LOL... OK I'm going to bed because I'm getting up in 4 hours to go buy my book! DAMN GALES!

Trent and Amy said...

I love pigs. Weird? maybe a little!!!

mamateena said...

oh! my! Pigs???? You are one good mama!